HOME MADE SHAVING CREAM
I can remember the first time I shaved my legs ... I sudsy-ed up a bar of soap bubblied up my legs & shaved, tried shaving my skin a few times too (LOL). As I got older I began using shaving cream in a can, ya know the the silky foamy kind. Well I traded in the nicks& cuts for a nice razor burn looking reaction because I was allergic :/. SO I settled for using the foamy body wash or conditioner. It always left my legs DRY & Scaly ! Though I didnt mind so much because I have been doing it for many years .(Jeez that made me sound old) Now my daughter has begun shaving her legs and just like her mommy she's allergic and the soap trick leaves nicks & cuts ...YUK! So I was on a mission to find a shaving cream we weren't allergic to. I had a friend tell me (a new DIY'er) how she has began to make all these things at home and its saving her a ton of money. Shaving cream just happens to be one of those items :). So I thought what the heck ? We have tried everything else. So I internet searched homemade shaving cream, believe it or not there are a million and one ways to make shaving cream hahaha. SO I whipped up a few batches & tried them out ! I liked the original ok... but then I had to tweek it just a little to suit my likeing :}.
So, if you have some “work” to do on your legs before they see the summer sun…give these easy shave creams a try! And don’t be afraid to try different ingredients, etc. This is one of those very “forgiving” concoctions. Just be sure and share the leg love with someone :]
Shaving Cream #1(Original)
~Supplies Needed~
Shampoo
Conditioner
Lotion or Hand Cream (depends on the thickness you want)
Oil of Your Choice(almond, coconut, olive, baby)
Bottle of Your Choice
Cup & Tablespoon Measurement
Funnel
Fragrance if Wanted
~Recipe~
1 Cup Shampoo
1 Cup Conditioner
5 Tablespoons of Lotion or Cream
5 Tablespoons of Oil
Few drops of Fragrance if wanted
Shaving Cream #2(My Version)
~Supplies Needed~
~Instructions~
1. Take measured Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion, & Oil (Fragrance oil if wanted)combine them in to a jar.
2. Shake jar well until all is mixed well.
3. Funnel into bottle & ENJOY!!!
Shaving Cream #2(My Version)
~Supplies Needed~
Shampoo
Conditioner
Lotion
Vitamin E Cream
Shea Butter Cream
Oil of Your Choosing(Almond, Coconut, Baby, Olive)
Some Fragrance Oil
Measuring Devices
Funnel
Bottle
~Recipe~
1 Cup Shampoo
1 Cup Conditioner
5 Tablespoons Vitamin E Cream
5Tablespoons Shea Butter Cream
5 Tablespoons Lotion
5 Tablespoons Oil
Few Drops Fragrance Oil
~Instructions~
Conditioner
Lotion
Vitamin E Cream
Shea Butter Cream
Oil of Your Choosing(Almond, Coconut, Baby, Olive)
Some Fragrance Oil
Measuring Devices
Funnel
Bottle
~Recipe~
1 Cup Shampoo
1 Cup Conditioner
5 Tablespoons Vitamin E Cream
5Tablespoons Shea Butter Cream
5 Tablespoons Lotion
5 Tablespoons Oil
Few Drops Fragrance Oil
~Instructions~
1. Take measured Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion, & Oil (Fragrance oil if wanted)
combine them in to a jar.
* You may Have to melt down Vitamin E & Shea Butter Cream. (I did)
combine them in to a jar.
* You may Have to melt down Vitamin E & Shea Butter Cream. (I did)
2. Shake jar well until all is mixed well.
3. Funnel into bottle & ENJOY!!!
Because I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this or if we would be allergic …I decided to make HALF a batch. (So I basically cut in half each ingredient listed above.) But now that I know how much I LOVE it…I will definitely make a whole batch next time.You can alter the ingredients to make it the texture & thickness to your likeing.
After attacking my legs with a razor tonight, my legs feel so soft and smooth and happy! Hope you all like it as much as I do !!! Now shave it up & go smoothly into the world :]
Tried it last night & its the BOMB!!
ReplyDelete