Thursday, June 7, 2012

Foot Prints To Your Heart Craft



Foot Prints To Your Heart
We Made this as a Father's Day gift, but you can make it for any holiday or just a pretty piece of artwork  I also made myself one with all three kids feet :)
~Supplies needed ~
Stamp Pad or Kid's Paint
Poster Board or scrapbook paper
Frame
Any other embellishment you would like to add
(I used a Happy Father's Day stamp)

~ Steps~ 
1. Take a child and/or a napping baby, stamping the foot with a stamp pad ( or paintbrush with paint). Make sure to get every part of the foot.
If you have a child under 1 like I do my BEST suggestion is sleeping though it may take a time or two LOL... I would get him asleep get one print try to hurry and do the second one with a kicking foot hahahahah needless to say we did it a few times and got ink everywhere before I got it :) 
2. Take the poster board or scrapbook paper with something hard behind it to press down, if its an older child you can place it on the floor.
3. When pressing the feet on start with the left foot slightly angled with toes outward then do the right foot over lapping at the heel the same angle. You may have to do these two steps till you get it the way you want it.
4. On my personal art I put there name and 2012 small along the side.
5. You can decorate the frame anyway you like :). On the one of mine I put a bible verse Mark 10:49.
You can also lightly draw a heart around, poke some little holes and put some stitching.
6. Cut the new footprint picture to fit the frame & Frame it in :).




No comments:

Post a Comment